Oral Health Matters More than Ever
Oral health is not only important in maintaining healthy teeth and gums, it is also linked to overall health in profound ways. Our mouth is the gateway to the body and nearly everything that enters the body enters through the mouth – COVID-19 is no exception.
We are committed to providing the safest possible experience for you and your family. We upgraded our offices with new professional air-cleaners and UV light technology that exceed recommendations by government and public health agencies of what dentists need to do to safely treat patients.
We are All About Safety and Smiles!
Even before the pandemic we had stringent protocols in place for cleaning and disinfecting our offices, but now we have added more. Patient safety is our #1 priority, and it starts with comprehensive cleaning and sterilization in all our North Carolina dental and orthodontic offices.
Our regular infection control and sterilization practices have always exceeded local, state, and federal health standards. With guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA), we have taken the steps needed so our offices meet and exceed safety protocols to keep our patients, doctors and crew members safe.
What Your Next Dental Appointment Will Look Like
Innovation is a constant theme here at Riccobene Associates. From kid-focused dental care to the most advanced dental techniques, we always strive to create an award-winning experience for you and your family.
One of the best ways to keep everyone safe is to only allow healthy people inside the office. You will notice a thorough screening questionnaire when you are scheduling your visits and then again upon your arrival. We have also secured appropriate PPEs (personal protective equipment) for all Riccobene doctors, hygienists, assistants, and front office crew members. We require daily health screenings for our crew (including vital information like the presence of a cough, temperature, and shortness of breath), as well for patients entering our offices. We follow social distancing, provide hand sanitizer, and encourage frequent hand washing, among several other measures.
Here is a summary:
- Comprehensive pre-appointment screening process (for patients/crew members)
- Patient temperature checks before they enter our offices.
- Everyone must wear a mask upon entering the offices.
- Plenty of hand sanitizer stations throughout all our offices.
- Clinical staff wear additional PPE, which may include N95 masks, face shields, etc.
- Disposable pens.
- Frequent cleaning of clipboards, counters, light switches, and other
- frequently touched surfaces.
- Social distancing techniques, adjusting appointment flow so fewer patients
- are in the offices than usual, etc.
- Air scrubbers have been installed to reduce aerosols created by some dental
- An antimicrobial protective coating has been professionally sprayed on all
- surfaces to protect against contamination.
Schedule a Cleaning for You and Your Family!
Since oral health and overall health are closely linked, it’s imperative to keep up with your preventative teeth & gum care to prevent small problems from becoming big ones. Keeping up with regular visits and cleanings are one of the best ways to maintain your oral health. Click here to schedule your next appointment. We hope to see you soon!
How We’ve Helped the Communities We Serve During the Pandemic